Complimentary Cleaning and Inspection Services on Diamond Rings
We recommend having your diamond ring cleaned and inspected every six months or if it undergoes any potential trauma. Inspections may help prevent the loss of a stone and extend the life of your jewelry. This cleaning and inspection service is free of charge to our customers on purchased Jewelry by Alicia and Scott rings.
Conditions and Exclusions
Maintenance, repair, sizing or other service performed by someone other than Jewelry by Alicia and Scott will void your Manufacturer Warranty.
Fine jewelry is not impervious to normal wear, activities or trauma. This is particularly true for rings since hands are regularly subjected to considerable abuse. We do not provide warranties for damage due to normal wear, product loss, loss of stones or theft. Damage or loss that results from failure to obtain repairs necessary to maintain the integrity of the product are also not covered.
Some examples of common jewelry issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- Discoloration due to exposure to chemicals, make-up, swimming pools, hot tubs or bathing.
- Prongs and precious metals, in general, wear over time and may require “building up” or restoration work as normal wear.
- Bent, caught or worn out prongs(s) allowing a stone to fall out or be lost due to normal wear or other damage.
- Lost stone or a stone has fallen out due to chipping or breaking caused by normal wear or other damage.
JM Insurance Coverage
Hey, life happens. Get yourself covered. We stand behind what we sell with a one year manufacturers warranty against defects, but sometimes you need more coverage. A JM Care Plan gives you peace of mind that you're covered in case an unpleasant surprise happens.
We recommend jewelry be taken off when bathing, swimming, exercising, cleaning and sleeping. But lets face it, not all of us want to be bothered to. For those we would strongly advocate purchasing a warranty plan.
The JM Care Plan is available to purchase at the time of sale in store. You may choose to add the JM Care Plan to your purchase within 30 days in store only.
What does JM cover?
- Broken, bent and worn prongs
- Broken earring posts
- Cracked or thinning shank on rings
- Broken chain, bracelet links or clasps
- Loss of diamond or gemstone due to defective setting
- Ring resizing
- Pearl restringing
- Loss of item due to theft or loss